Marketers are going through a digital revolution to the same extent that the internet changed the IT department. It’s important to keep on top of industry best practices to ensure that you are optimizing your marketing resources.
Whether you are a one-person show or a team with more layers than a 7-layer dip, it’s not always feasible to attend conferences or participate in continuing education.
Facebook Live has created a platform for open access knowledge sharing that creates a connection, community and access to expertise that may have been out of reach. That’s why the Calgary Marketing Association has worked to bring leading-edge speakers to lead discussions on today’s leading marketing topics. Recent Facebook Live presentations have included topics like Voice Search, Geo-Segmentation, and insights from the Edelman Trust Barometer.
Why Facebook Live is Better than a Webinar:
• It’s FREE and the platform is familiar and user-friendly
• You can connect with other viewers
• You get live access to expertise from all over the world – ask questions anytime!
• You don’t have to log in or provide and email or ID
• No phone line
Why you should encourage your team to participate in Facebook Live events:
• A cost-effective way to open dialogue with your team
• Open dialogue on new trends
• Challenge each other to think outside the box
• Make an event out of it
5 easy steps to make the most of a Facebook live event:
1. Gather the Troops: start an email group or ask HR to post a link to the event in your internal communications
2. Prioritize it and Make the Time: send out a calendar invite to all who are interested with event details.
3. Viewing Options: you can watch it at your desk while you each lunch or use free Facebook Live events as a team-building opportunity. Book a meeting room and pull up the live video on a big screen.
4. If You Feed Them, They will Come: consider bringing in some good snacks or take-out. If the budget won’t allow, suggest a potluck.
5. Leave Time for Discussion: provide a “…so…what?” or a follow up for your team. Discuss how this new information could impact your organization. You could take turns summarizing a Top 5 take-aways and send out to the team.
The Calgary Marketing Association is dedicated to bringing our community leading-edge insights from Calgary and beyond. That is why they host Facebook Live events throughout the year. Make sure you don’t miss them by following our Facebook page, checking out upcoming events and following the events you are interested in receiving updates on.
You can also RSVP for these FREE events through our website and you will receive a reminder via e-mail.
The next Facebook Live event is November 14 at NOON MST. Join Dan King, President & Partner, ZGM Modern Marketing Partners to talk about Brand Purpose, what it means and how to leverage it across the entire organization.
About The Author
Jenelle Peterson, BComm, MBA is a Senior Marketing & Research Consultant with Tenato Strategy, a Marketing Educator, and a board member with the Calgary Marketing Association. Jenelle’s passion for technology, design, and innovation has given her opportunities to work both on the business and agency side in a variety of industries; Oil & Gas, IT, Education, Health Care, and Consumer Goods. She loves the outdoors, making bad art, and all things Sci-Fi. Tweet her @petersonjenelle