Director of Marketing
I am a passionate executive leader, exceptional project manager, and superb strategist who is focused on delivering business results while building incredible brands. With a proven track record of developing marketing strategies that win and delivering go-to-market plans to deliver amazing results, I know how to motivate teams and people. As a connector at heart, I know how to develop relationships, build new business, engage stakeholders, and provide guidance to internal teams to drive business success.
- Marketing Strategy
- Brand Management
- Campaign Management
- Organizational leadership
- Process Improvement
- Growth Strategy
- Stakeholder Management
- Product Marketing
- Selected and trained (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt) as a project lead for organizational improvement projects.
- Successfully managed an annual budget of $28M with no overages.
- Drove efficiency initiatives to realize over $500,000 in annual savings in core marketing programs.
- Hired, trained, and managed a team of marketing managers, specialists, and designers whose channels generated over $400M in annual sales.
- Spearheaded process improvement over multiple departments to drive efficiency and reduce project timelines by 25%.
- Executive sponsor of growth strategy projects across multiple business units.
- Former National and Junior National Champion as a competitive swimmer
DILAWRI GROUP OF COMPANIES, Calgary, Alberta
June 2020 to Present
Regional Director of Marketing
Responsible for all digital and traditional regional marketing initiatives for all Alberta dealerships and their respective brands.
- Executive sponsor of the regional 4 Disciplines of Execution (4DX) initiative to drive improved business performance through process accountability, KPI focus, improved reporting, and effective communication.
- Evolved the go-to-market campaign management process through training, key stakeholder engagement and regional communication strategy resulting in more efficient data-driven campaign initiatives.
- Manage all third-party vendor relationships for customer data, email marketing, digital advertising, mystery shops and content creation, creating valuable and long-lasting relationships.
- Built a dynamic team of designers, strategists, photographers, and operational support staff to support regional brand strategy and dealership marketing execution.
- Creator and Leader of the Dilawri Performance Academy online and in-person staff training program for onboarding and reinforcement training initiatives, driving content and curriculum creation, and sourcing our online training partner.
BIG ROCK BREWERY, Calgary, AB
Manager, Advertising & Digital
April 2018 to June 2020
Responsible for managing and developing the team executing all customer-facing brand and product marketing campaigns.
- Selected by the executive team to lead corporate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drove successful strategy and execution for OoH, Geo-targeted mobile ads, social media, email marketing, paid search, and digital campaigns for 6 new products while maintaining market share for existing brands.
- Managed all consumer-facing marketing for multiple brands while focused on building a strategy of channel optimization and growth through data and reporting.
- Managed national Trade Marketing campaigns and strategies that led to 10% increase in shelf space.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Sept 2016 to April 2018
Accountable for the planning and execution of digital and traditional advertising with a focus on brand awareness, conversion driving, and brewery destination marketing tactics for national campaigns and regional product support.
- Business lead and strategy driver for the rebuild of bigrockbeer.com.
- Managed social content planning and posting for over 20 social media accounts.
- Planned, built, and executed a brand marketing campaign with increased sales in targeted accounts
MARK’S (CANADIAN TIRE COMPANY), Calgary, Alberta
Consumer Marketing Manager
Dec 2015 to Sept 2016
Maintained all responsibilities of Media Manager position in addition to becoming the primary conduit for all marketing communications with the executive team to ensure alignment with sales and margin targets.
- Oversaw creative and execution of all strategies across traditional and digital channels.
- Focused on process improvement through improved communication and collaboration across multiple departments resulting in shorter project durations.
- Responsible for final marketing review of all departmental marketing assets to ensure brand consistency, creative strategy, and alignment with business vision.
Oct 2013 to Dec 2015
Responsible for all traditional media buys including print, radio and TV Managed national flyer program which distributed 157M copies and generated $265M in annual sales.
- Executed national radio, TV, and newspaper campaigns – Successfully increased print ad output and achieved the highest market coverage in company history.
- Managed multiple external vendor relationships with creative agencies, media agencies, printers, partner companies and transportation companies.
- Responsible for the diverse team of marketing professionals with a primary purpose of growth, development, and succession planning.
University of Calgary
Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma
Diploma, Digital Marketing
Diploma, Social Media Marketing and Online Reputation Management
Executive Education, Google CMO Academy
Columbia Business School
Certificate, Digital Strategy
University of British Columbia
Certificate, Project Management
Mount Royal University
Certificate, Public Relations
Mount Royal University