Marketing Leader - CPG & Bev Alc
Calgary, Alta | 416-885-1670 | firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/andres-rios
STRATEGIC | RESULTS DRIVEN | COLLABORATIVE | LEADER
Enthusiastic and results driven, leverages trends and insights to develop strategic, consumer centric plans. A trusted leader who prioritizes cross-functional collaboration to develop and execute innovative, omni-channel business plans to achieve objectives. Key areas of strength include:
Marketing & Communication Strategy | Innovation & Renovation |Change Management | Coaching & Mentorship |Commercial Planning | Market Insights
Royal Canin, a Division of Mars Inc, Guelph ON
2020 – Present
VETERINARY PORTFOLIO MARKETING MANAGER – Health Management
Feb 2022 – Present
· 2024 channel planning lead, working cross-functionally to define, integrate and align the commercial team in the development of objectives, strategies and tactics, creating clarity and accountability to achieve results.
· As a member of a pricing council, work in partnership with cross channel associates to define, execute and evaluate pricing and promotional plans to achieve strategic revenue targets and refine methodologies.
· Lead a category strategy team in planning and executing a multi-channel launch including a change management communication plan to engage partners in understanding and embracing the transition.
· Collaboratively lead the Health Management portfolio re-launch strategy securing alignment to the go to market plan including volume, pricing, profit, and market share targets.
· Lead a cross-functional team of sales and demand planning leaders to define base and incremental volume forecasts while leveraging key performance indictors to measure success and refinement opportunities.
RETAIL PORTFOLIO MARKETING MANAGER – Royal Canin Canine & Eukanuba
Oct 2020 – Feb 2022
· Collaborated with global and U.S. teams to define and quantify 5-year innovation and renovation roadmap including volume and profit pool potential across portfolios.
· In partnership with Revenue Management, led the development of a portfolio pricing strategy strengthening the consumer value proposition by diet and pack size vs. competitive offerings.
· Developed and secured leadership alignment to a Eukanuba 5-year path to profitability identifying innovation, renovation, channel expansion and pricing opportunities to achieve profit targets.
· Successfully entered the supplemental treat category with launch of Eukanuba ActivTrainers, effectively delivering year 1 shipment, share and profit KPIs.
Arterra Wines Canada (formerly Constellation Brands), Mississauga, ON 2010 – 2019
MARKETING DIRECTOR – Vintners Quality Alliance (VQA) Domestic Wines Portfolio
2016 – 2019
Secured category leadership, delivering +23% Net Sales and 26% Gross Profit on a $100 million portfolio.
· Grew share ahead of category (18.4%, +3.4 pts) leading the development of a portfolio strategy including a redefined brand positioning supported by innovation capitalizing on consumer trends.
· As a trusted partner of the Innovation Leadership Team, defined processes and delivered brand, innovation, communication, and commercial programs to increase penetration.
· Inspired four direct reports and provided direction to teams and agencies to define strategy and programming to achieve shipment and profit targets while achieving category leading brand equity levels.
· Partnered with Sales to build a long-term portfolio strategy and collaborated with Winemaking, Operations and Finance to translate 5-year innovation pipeline into wine tier supply requirements to maximize profits.
· Developed a pricing and promotional model to optimized portfolio ROI by working with McKinsey Canada and Revenue Management to analyze current state and adopt brand elasticity learnings to increase profitability.
· In collaboration with business leaders, developed innovative and consumer centric marketing plans, transforming Jackson-Triggs into the largest domestic wine brand in Canada, achieving a three million case milestone, strengthening the brand’s position as Canada’s most awarded winery.
Arterra Wines Canada (formerly Constellation Brands), Mississauga, ON
2010 – 2019
MARKETING DIRECTOR – Cider, Refreshment & International Canadian Blend (ICB) Wines
2015 – 2016
MARKETING DIRECTOR – International Canadian Blend (ICB) Wines Portfolio
2012 – 2015
Achieved +15% and +21% Net Sales and Gross Profit growth respectively on a $240 million portfolio through the development of branded solutions, innovation platforms, communication, and commercial programs.
· Led Refreshment, Spirits and Cider market analysis, identifying long term category opportunities and profit potential. Secured organizational alignment to prioritize Cider category penetration.
· Leveraged research initiatives to reposition Growers Cider brand and leveraged insights to build innovation, renovation, packaging format and consumer communication plans.
· Achieved ICB category leadership by leading the development and execution of a long-term strategic plan and segmentation strategy, delivering projected 5-year volume, share and profit targets.
· Identified and implemented Core vs. Popular brand strategic priorities to prioritize planning, resource allocation and execution to efficiently accelerate sales, profit, and market share growth.
· Working in partnership with a cross functional innovation team, collaborated to identify white space market opportunities, led brand concept development, consumer research planning and innovation commercialization.
· Championed innovation, renovation and communication efforts and working collaboratively with Sales developed a go to market plan growing Jackson-Triggs to achieve a 2 million-case milestone and become the largest domestic wine brand in Canada.
· Leveraged category and consumer insights to develop a 3-year innovation roadmap and communication plan driving Bodacious to become fastest growing brand within the ICB category.
· Partnered with Operations to deliver +$1.3 million in total portfolio cost savings by identifying production synergies and packaging innovation and renovation opportunities.
PORTFOLIO MARKETING MANAGER – Premium & Popular (ICB) Wines Portfolio
2010 – 2012
GlaxoSmithKline, Mississauga, ON
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER – Tums & Gaviscon
Nestlé Canada & Purina Pet Care Division, Toronto, ON
2003 – 2009
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER – Premium Cat Portfolio
MARKETING MANAGER – Nescafé Specialty Coffee Portfolio
BRAND MANAGER – High Value Brands: Friskies & Beneful
Wrigley Canada, Inc., Toronto, ON
1999 – 2003
ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
- Change Management
- Commercial Planning
- Innovation and Renovation Deployment
- Long Term Portfolio Planning
- Marketing & Communication Strategy
- People Leadership
- Pricing Optimization
Sept 1995 - April 1999
Bachelor of Commerce, Honours, Marketing Major at McMaster University