Website Trico Centre for Family Wellness
Non profit community operated fitness and wellness facility
The Trico Centre is known in the community as a facility that provides a healthy and safe place for active members of our community. In keeping with this philosophy of health and wellness within the workplace, we offer our employees a flexible and stable work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement. We strive to be a fun, positive and inclusive work environment. The Trico Centre is currently looking for a Business Development and Marketing Coordinator for a 12-month maternity leave with the possibility of extension. This position is responsible for the strategic coordination of Trico Centre’s business development, marketing and communications goals for the organization.
- Post-secondary degree with Sales, Marketing and/or Business Administration Degree or equivalent experience
- One to two years of experience with social media posting, scheduling, analyzing analytics, reporting, website design and updating /revising.
- Minimum of two years industry experience preferably in a business development, sales and marketing role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as recreation software system knowledge would be preferred
- Experience in all aspects of planning, tracking and implementing best practice in business development, sales and marketing
- Proven experience in customer relations management and increasing sales targets scoping out new business prospects
- Financial acumen and ability to make sound business decisions which are accurate and detailed
- Experience with InDesign is a definite asset
- Superior interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Proven ability to develop and implement both strategic programs and supporting tactics
- Solid negotiation and diplomacy, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in public relations
- Police Security Check and Vulnerable Sector search mandatory
- Current First Aid and CPR mandatory
Business Development, Sales and Marketing
- Works cooperatively with all levels in the organization (staff, patrons and the Board) to ensure the strategic plans designed by the Trico Centre are successfully implemented
- Takes responsibility, researches, identifies and develops and executes business development and marketing for the business ensuring the Trico Centre’s branding and image is upheld and maintained
- Works with team to develop and carry out annual marketing plan
- Initiates research and data collection on current and emerging trends regarding social, political, economic, and demographic issues that may impact product development and market shares
- Determines new business development opportunities (i.e. internal/external such as: rink boards, program guide ads, corporate relationships, media trends, etc.) by defining market competitor’s share, new revenue streams, strength and weaknesses, projected business forecasts and establishes target market shares
- Goes out into the community/marketplace and generates new business leads and revenue opportunities
- Works with team members to develop implement, evaluate, and manage the marketing department annual operating budget, as needed.
- Develops plans for external field services (i.e. places warm/cold calls) to build pass sales, corporate sales and generate program/rental revenues
- Works with team develop innovative brand strategies that ensure products and services are in alignment with customer demand and organizational objectives
- Determines and implements data-driven decisions to optimize revenue opportunities
- Performs effective preliminary analysis of raw sales and marketing data for the benefit of the facility and utilizes the information in the correct context
- Supports the team by setting work expectations, providing accountability and development framework, identify team goals, provide ongoing support, advice and counsel
- Works with team members on strategic business development and operational plans
- Designs, implements and supports strategies to engage stakeholders to enhance image, visibility and to develop and maintain new funding resources and leverage opportunities for business growth
- Builds and maintains effective internal/external working relationships, partnerships and alliances with the public, stakeholders and staff for the benefit of the facility
- Oversees all permanent signage for the organization and manages rink board advertising agreements, and sponsorship agreements, etc.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and approval of Trico Centre Special Events
- Monitors, evaluates and provides feedback on quality of work, training and work assignments for the team
- Participates and represents Trico Centre at community events/activities
- Works with team to develop and roll out communication vision and plan for the organization
- Builds partnerships and communication plans in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator
- Works with team to develop and direct the creation and implementation of innovative and effective targeted people communications strategies
- May be required to act as the primary media spokesperson on behalf of the organization
- Facilitates communication within the organization between employees and management regarding department plans and /or concerns
- Creates and maintains strong reciprocal relationships in support of fundraising and sponsor donations/relations
- Meets with the department team to discuss business objectives, deadlines and work
- Regularly reviews the communication dashboard developed by the Marketing Coordinator to ensure the productive and effective communication of programs
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors, Trico Centre Management team and others as needed to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develops marketing strategies to support facility fundraising plans
- Monitors, evaluates and ensures Fund Development activities deliver on and achieve the goals set according to the strategic plan
- Approves fund development communication, procedures and policies for the department which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Supports and maintains relationships with current sponsors/donors and researches, identifies and develops new sponsors/donors on own or in conjunction with the Fund Development Coordinator
Full-time flexible hours per week. Employees will be scheduled to work 8 consecutive hours per day of which 7.5 hours are considered work time and .5 hours (30 minutes) is a paid rest break (7 days per week, 16 hours per day) in keeping with the needs of department and Trico Centre. This position works 32 hours per week and a monthly schedule will be developed cooperatively with the supervisor.
Closing Date: October 29, 2021
Location: 11150 Bonaventure Drive SE
Thank you for your interest in Trico Centre for Family Wellness. “We are an equal opportunity employer”. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.