Website Rec Media Inc.
ABOUT REC MEDIA INC.
Rec Media is an Out-of-Home media firm with offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, specializing in campaign executions in community and municipal recreational facilities coast to coast. Over the past 25 years, Rec Media has grown to become the largest company of its kind in Canada, with campaigns placed in over 2100 recreational facilities nation-wide, for a stable of blue-chip clients including McDonald’s, RBC, Chrysler, Bell, Tim Hortons, Telus, WestJet, and many more.
What We Offer Clients
We deliver unique and novel advertising executions, comprised of both traditional and non-traditional mediums – Rinkboard Panels, Wall Murals, Floor Decals, Glass Decals, Door Wraps, Wall Billboards, Outdoor Field Banners, Sponsorships, and unique Digital and Experiential campaigns. And, with our recent acquisition of Adbloc Media, we now have a network of 15+ ski hills – including Mt. Tremblant, Lake Louise and Panorama – for unique campaigns coast-to-coast.
Exceptional geographic coverage, a superb demographic, and a surprisingly efficient cost per impression all combine to make Rec Media a leader in out-of-home advertising.
What We Offer Employees
Rec Media knows that the key to an organization’s success lies in its people – THE most valuable assets. We treat people as such – we pride ourselves in our motto, “people over profits,” because we know that it’s not always about the bottom line. We take care of our own and in turn, they take care of our clients.
Rec Media provides a work environment that is diverse, challenging and enjoyable. We are a dynamic company experiencing rapid growth. Four years running (2014-2017) Rec Media made Profit Magazine’s “Growth 500” list of the fastest growing companies in Canada. While still an SME (small-to-medium size enterprise), we endeavour to offer many of the perks of larger corporations: flexible work hours, ample vacation time, subsidized benefits, employee assistance programs, charitable donations/time matching, and numerous other benefits through our Employee Experience program – all of which contribute to making Rec Media a great place to work.
Position Title Sales Assistant and Marketing Coordinator
Start Date August 2021
Key Contact Jeff Young – Vice President, Sales
ABOUT THE ROLE
Rec Media is looking for a Sales Assistant and Marketing Coordinator who loves to excel and exceed expectations! As the successful candidate, you will work full-time from the Rec Media head office in north Calgary. Reporting to the VP Sales, you will assist in streamlining and supporting all sales efforts such as presentations, sales document preparation, contract preparation, campaign facilitation, account (database) maintenance, marketing support (lunch & learn set up, notices/correspondence to clients), and general sales and marketing reporting. In doing so you will help the company continue in a direction of growth, enhanced client servicing and client development and retention activities.
The role will be roughly 60% Sales Support, 25% Marketing and 15% Research Assistant for VP Sales.
Primary Responsibilities – Sales Support
- Work alongside the VP Sales and assist with various marketing and reporting functions related to the sale, execution, and reporting of media campaigns, including creating CRM Reports, performing Contract Data Entry and creating Manual Reports (Lead Tracking, Sales Competitions, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of and editing/updating Sales Inquiry, Research Request, and Contract documents (“SIRC’s”) to communicate proposal details and/or contract request requirements to operations
- Assist in the creation of or editing/updating proposal documents for client review
- Track outgoing sales inquiries from VP Sales to Operations, assist in the reporting on status of each, and assist in the summarizing and “clean up” the data provided in preparation to be presented to client
- Operate as a facilitator between VP Sales, Operations, and client to aid in the smooth progress of campaign execution, i.e.: sending specification sheets, diarizing and sending creative reminders, working to select alternate products and/or locations as needed, etc.
- Using Rec Media Inc’s internal information databases and be knowledgeable on how to pull existing venue information “on file” for VP Sales
- Track and report on all lead-based (call-ins, emails, venue referrals, etc.) business opportunities that the sales team is working on
- Closely monitor and keep accurate data documentation of all signed-contract details for the sales team (including any contract cancellations and/or revisions)
- Track and update information in CRM as needed (inputting new agency or corporate business for VP Sales, updating contact information as needed, creating/editing opportunities and accurately moving them through the pipeline)
- Work closely with VP Sales to create, develop, edit, and update marketing initiatives such as sales promotions, seasonal specials, etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all company products and keep updated on all new products and improvements
- Assist other members of the National Sales Team and occasionally, the retail sales team, where there is a campaign or development in progress that requires additional support
- Draft National/Corporate and Retail Contracts
- Perform other duties as needed
Primary Responsibilities – Marketing
- Work with website vendors and update our Social Media accounts (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) as required
- Update/create sales and marketing collateral within brand guidelines
- Assist with and/or direct the design of promotional materials including, but not limited to, direct mail, online display advertising, promotional content, seasonal messaging, mass email, etc.
- Learn and develop an understanding of CRM usage for mass marketing and communication (marketing lists, quick campaigns, etc.)
- Maintain key relationship as functional support of sales, marketing and client services
- Work with Operations team on campaign coordination; understand client profiling such as best clients, past clients, renewal strategies, reason for cancelling, etc.
- Work with sales team to expand footprint with existing accounts
- Assist sales in fostering and curating positive client relationships
- Assist and support sales and marketing with various external events
ABOUT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
You are a well-rounded and self-motivated individual, committed to excellence in client service. You have very good interpersonal and communication skills. You enjoy cooperative negotiation and creative problem solving, and build strong relationships with a variety of people.
You are a self-starter – you take initiative and ownership when undertaking tasks and projects. You are exceptionally well-organized and attentive to detail. You are a team player, but work well independently and are capable of producing excellent results with minimal supervision.
You have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is an asset but not required. A valid Driver’s License is required. Experience in working in a sales-oriented organization is considered an asset, but not required.
You are excited by the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a dynamic small business, with opportunities for advancement and increasing responsibility.
- Ability to help drive office revenue through essential support functions
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Experience supporting VP Sales and by extension, the Corporate and Retail sales team
- Outstanding organizational, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office and CRM software
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives
Personal Leadership Qualities
- Creative and forward thinking; able to set priorities and juggle several tasks concurrently
- A strong professional image, confidence, objectivity and dedication to internal and external clients
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
WHY JOIN REC MEDIA
Dynamic: Nimble and creative in its response to providing innovative marketing solutions
Growing: Consistently growing market share, client base, recreational partners, and campaign capabilities
Successful: Largest company of its type in Canada
Ownership: Privately owned with a team-oriented approach
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume outlining qualifications for this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday, July 26th at 5:00 pm.
We thank all those who submit applications, however only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note this role was previously posted as a “Sales and Marketing Coordinator”. Candidates need not re-apply if they’ve already applied for the earlier posted role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.