Website H&R Block
Do you get pumped up about the prospect of supporting the development of communications? Do you have a well-rounded set of writing and design skills to take communications to the next level?
We are looking for a highly-motivated, junior-level internal communications coordinator to support the growth of the communications function within our Canadian head office, located in Calgary. This new role will report to the Manager, Communications.
The Communications Coordinator, will be an integral part of a fresh opportunity to build strategies, tools and content to drive employee engagement.
The successful candidate will:
- Play a key, supporting role in writing and editing internal communications content
- Support the development of communications planning for small projects
- Support elements of small and large-scale event productions
- Administer, evaluate and improve content on internal SharePoint site
- Design and develop graphics for brochures, presentations or handouts
- Support executive leaders in creating presentation materials
The qualifications you need to stand out:
- University degree – Communications preferred
- One to three years of internal communications experience
- Above-average writing and editing skills
- Must have some experience in, or significant exposure to, internal communications
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Sharepoint and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) desired
- French language skills a definite asset – strong enough to navigate and handle translated content
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically and translate into tactical actions
- Organized, rigorous, detail oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence to sell value of good communications
- Adaptable, ability to stay calm, and operate within fast-changing environment
In 1964, H&R Block opened the doors of our first franchised operation in Canada, paving the way for a big, bold and inspiring future. Over the years, we’ve expanded to more than 900 retail and franchise locations to become Canada’s leading tax preparation firm.
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The successful candidate must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Share this Post