SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our technology empowers teachers, students and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs – from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Global Brand Manager and team lead of Brand Creative & Production, you will be responsible for producing high quality, timely design projects for the organization with a focus on servicing the sales and channel (reseller/partner) enablement team.
You work closely with the lead designer, who will provide mentoring as you learn the ropes in design conception and implementation. You will work collaboratively with copywriters, videographers, and any internal and external partners as required. You will also work closely with the Manager of Channel Enablement to ensure creative outputs are on strategy.
You will be required to deliver on special tasks for the completion of projects and create unique ideas to improve projects. Your contribution will add value to the team and the SMART product, directly impacting our customer satisfaction and profits, and our promise to be creating connections that matter in order to give teachers the tools to inspire greatness within their students.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Supporting Channel (reseller/partner) Enablement team with design needs and requirements.
● Determine solutions for visual representation of concepts, and assist fellow designers, videographers, photographers, web developers, social media managers, and artists who produce visual graphics on behalf of the SMART brand
● Develop graphics, design elements and treatments that convey compelling messages
● Influence other designers and external agencies to deliver creative work that is on brand and strategy
● Influence other designers and external agencies to deliver creative work that meets the needs of the modern customer journey.
● Be a source for questions and concerns related to visual direction for the SMART brand
● Campaign concepting, and contributing to the concept, design and execution of visual materials for integrated cross-channel initiatives
● Provide image retouching and additional image manipulation
● Provide expertise in graphic treatments required to support campaign objectives
● Designing and developing on-brand design concepts for digital experience across web properties, social media, and online campaigns
● Quality assurance on design for all creative deliverables
● Rework, redraw and resize existing creative to meet specifications
● Perform other duties as required
Education and work experience
● 1-3 years’ experience in design, brand development and project management – B2B Marketing preferred
● Degree or diploma with a specialization in graphic design
● Superb listening and project management skills
● Experience conceptualizing ideas and communicating to multiple parties, including internal team and external agencies
● Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
● Capacity to translate creative briefs into concepts
● Understanding of marketing and advertising principles
● Practical business experience that allows for a bigger picture view of individual projects and how they fit into the entire communications efforts.
● Expert knowledge of current design programs
● Print, web and motion design capabilities
● Ability to give creative direction including video and photography
● Ability to communicate effectively
● Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
● Understanding of current web applications and technologies
● A valid passport, or no impediment to obtaining one
● Superb listening skills and ability to apply stakeholder feedback
● Good sportsmanship
● Teamwork skills
● Creative thinking with attention to detail
● Curiosity for Education Technology
● This position has no direct reports
Fast-paced work environment with a supportive and passionate team.
To apply for this job email your details to AshleyMutter@smarttech.com.