About the job
SMART is helping educators and businesses succeed all over the world. Our technology empowers teachers, students and teams to learn and collaborate in innovative ways, inspiring breakthroughs – from improved learning outcomes to moving businesses forward.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Brand Creative & Production, you will be responsible for clear, concise and professional communication through producing marketing and content copy including long form and marketing outputs across ads, persuasive headlines, direct response and call to action copy, technical product guides, multimedia, web, digital and social content.
You work closely with the lead copywriter, who will provide mentoring as you learn the ropes in copy development and content publishing for SMART. You will work collaboratively with designers, videographers, and any internal and external partners as required. You will also work closely with the Manager of Channel Enablement to ensure copy outputs are on strategy.
You will be required to deliver on special tasks for the completion of projects and create unique ideas to improve projects. Your contribution will add value to the team and the SMART product, directly impacting our customer satisfaction and profits, and our promise to be creating connections that matter in order to give teachers the tools to inspire greatness within their students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing persuasive and action-driving marketing copy for sales and Channel (Reseller/Partner) Enablement team.
- Researching and writing high-impact communications such as white papers, newsletters, proposals, articles for external magazines as well as SMART’s internal magazine.
- Writing scripts for video and multimedia projects.
- Researching and supporting best practices in developing content standards and communications templates.
- Ensuring consistency of message and text across mediums.
- Participating in brand development work as requested by management.
- Working with internal groups including: Instructional designers, education marketers and design services to write lesson activities and other educational materials.
- Collaborating with design services to ensure content and design adequately convey the desired message.
- Connecting with marketing groups to determine communications needs within media choices.
- Recommending process improvements for the development, management and production of copy and content within the marketing department.
- Ensuring that the content services group’s quality-control processes are followed.
- Performing other duties as required.
Education and work experience
- BA in English, communications or related field.
- 2–4 years of professional copywriting experience in B2B marketing, equivalent experience and education will be considered
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and organize large amounts of information.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and record of achievement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superb listening skills and ability to apply stakeholder feedback
- Good sportsmanship
- Teamwork skills
- Creative thinking with attention to detail.
- Curiosity for Education Technology.
This position does not have direct reports
Fast-paced work environment with a supportive and passionate team.
To apply for this job email your details to AshleyMutter@smarttech.com.