Locally owned and operated, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America. Our locations in Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks and Strathmore include: food centres, pharmacies, gas stations, car washes, commercial cardlocks, home health care centres, wine, spirits and beer locations, and cannabis.
With over 440,000 members, 3,850 employees, assets of $627 million and annual sales of $1.2 billion, Calgary Co-op was recognized as one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers of 2020 and is committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience through inspired team members.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our dynamic team! Reporting to the Marketing and Loyalty Director, this energetic individual will be responsible for marketing strategies coming to life through content in owned channels through creating, improving and managing content to achieve our business goals. This includes responsibility for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the overall email marketing strategy working closely with Marketing Planning, Loyalty and Advertising. Support all web, SEO, My Calgary Co-op, Calgary Co-op App and Ecommerce from a marketing perspective ensuring a positive UX and alignment to key marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing management or a related field with at least 5 years’ experience in comparable industries such as packaged goods and food and beverage
- Understanding of consumer marketing principles and strong knowledge of retail marketing best practices, with a mind for customer-centric marketing
- Sound knowledge of digital, traditional, and earned media and the nuances between them
- Competency in leveraging customer insight to creatively introduce forward thinking and dynamic approaches to marketing. Strong analytical skills; ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions and tactical team plans.
- Proven experience in leading complex teams of internal and external resources
- Excellent communication skills including formal writing, editing, advocacy and proofreading
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, social media management tools
- Knowledge and expertise in digital channels, in particular email and social media
- Strategic thinker that can see many options and quickly evaluate the best next step
- Operates a collaborative leadership style that builds team culture across external and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional project and time management skills; accustomed to balancing competing needs with ease
- Understanding of ecommerce
- Driven by a passion for excellence
- Retail, agency and/or media experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud environment
- Understanding of Google analytic
- Strong writing and storytelling abilities
To apply for this job please visit calgarycoop.mua.hrdepartment.com.