WS is a collective of some of the best marketing experts committed to propelling brands further, faster. With over 17 years of experience creating omni-channel outcomes for clients across North America, our curious nature has created a highly successful approach to reaching powerful and meaningful results. Simply put, we are strategic providers of formidable marketing outcomes. Working at WS will enable you to combine your talents, passions, and professional acumen with a commitment to making a real difference on a highly collaborative and talented team. Come join us and make your mark in marketing and the world.
The Bilingual Social Media Manager will be an advocate for the WS brand and our clients’ brands by actively managing social media channels in a manner that drives user engagement and business growth. The focus will be on curating (and creating) compelling content that achieves marketing outcomes, community engagement and reporting on performance of social media activities. Reporting to the Content Director and VP, MarTech, the Social Media Manager uses quick thinking, creativity and established processes to produce content that resonates with the audience and gets results.
The Social Media Manager loves social media. They understand the varied audiences and value propositions of various platforms, and how best to communicate to audiences on those platforms. Using that knowledge, they create deliverables that take into account the variations between platforms. They understand how to take existing creative assets and collateral and smartly repurpose them for use as content.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the development of engaging, relevant, and varied content across social media channels. They’re an effective communicator in long and short form content but are also proficient in visual design and familiar with creative development and production. They can express ideas with ease and attention to the brand standards of any client.
With a constant eye on the performance of the content they take ownership of, the Social Media Manager is adept at adjusting and redeploying content as needed to meet client goals. They are clear verbal and written communicators, highly organized and sticklers for detail. They thrive on tight deadlines, enjoying the challenge that the 24/7 cycle of social media brings.
While this is currently a part-time (20 hours per week) position, it has the potential to develop into full-time.
- Developing and executing social media strategies for WS and WS clients to support objectives, maximizing social media presence across a variety of social media platforms
- Planning, managing and monitoring the distribution of content using CoSchedule
- Takes ownership of managing both in-house and client social media communities, currently including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Monitoring and responding to comments, private messages and posts in a manner that is reflective of the respective client brand. This includes evenings and weekends
- Skilled in developing short and long form content
- Develop and maintain content calendars to manage day-to-day posting
- Liaise with internal and client teams to develop content for campaigns
- Growing community and engagement on our clients’ and our own social media channels
- Manage a mix of both English and French communities
- Record patterns, trends and potential opportunities that arise within conversations and comments
- Curates relevant and newsworthy content for in-house and client social media channels
- Stays up to date on current trends in content and social media
- A university degree in a related discipline such as design, marketing or communications and/or 3 – 5 years of related experience
- An innate sense of timeliness – the ability to think quickly and respond smartly to current news, events and trends to seize opportunities to interact with social audiences naturally
- Understands and adheres to best practices for established social media platforms including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Excellent oral, written and editorial abilities in both English and French
- High level of attention to detail, including consistency across platforms, and following WS’s established work processes
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other design tools
- Experience with CoSchedule, Mention, and other social media scheduling and monitoring tools an asset, but not required
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work in a fully virtual environment
- Experience in WordPress an asset
You might not have heard of WS before, but maybe you have heard of Woodruff Sweitzer — our former moniker. Though our name is brand new, WS has been active in the Western Canadian market for more than 16 years. Our staff ranges from enthusiastic grads to seasoned veterans with over 30 years of industry experience.
Our team of 25 (and growing) seems to really like it here, proven by our incredibly low turnover rate. We welcome staff to work off-site though WORKshift, offer flex days, give birthdays off, provide paid volunteer time, have a professional development budget, a fat Spotify account, and this amazing thing called a “bonus program.” Sometimes, we all get together in the kitchen and eat a pile of samosas.
It’s a pretty sweet gig, and we hope you can be part of it someday. Thanks for considering WS.
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyws.com.